This article was originally posted by Arfan Chaudhry on tapgage.com.
You’ve spent weeks/months – designing and developing your app. It takes a lot of time to get it just the way you want it, but when you launch on the App Store, you barely get any downloads or installs for it. What happened?
Consider that making an application takes a lot of time, but that’s only half of it. How you promote your app will take you just as long (If you’re doing it right).
Tapgage has kept a close eye on the mobile app Industry for the past year. We’ve seen great new ways to help developers promote and monetize applications.
Below are over 80 different ways, tips and tricks you can use to promote your new and old apps.
1. Have a catchy Title that stands out from the rest. (Blog post)
3. Use relevant keyword to describe your app on the App Store. (ASO Tool)
4. App Size – Reducing the app size allows users on 3G to download with ease. (>50mb)
5. Reviews – Encourage users to review your app, as higher rating attracts users.
6. Free Apps – Attract more users compared to paid apps.
7. Promo Codes – If you have a paid app give away promo codes so users can try it out and tell their friends.
8. Submit your application to various app directories such as Appolocious.
9. Promote your app with a Facebook Page.
10. Promote your app with a Twitter Profile.
For the full list, see the entire post here.